Friday, April 27, 2012

The Current Gear List: Part 1

This blog will simply be all of the pieces of equipment that make it into the back country with me and the pieces that I intend to buy in the near future.  Some has been well tested and some has not.  There will also be a section what has been used in the past.

It will truthfully take several writing sessions to get all of the equipment that ends up in the pack for a trip to the back-country.  So bear with me as I add pieces and pictures.

I would also love to hear what pieces of equipment are worth trying.  If there any questions on any particular item feel free to ask.

Current Pack:
Kifaru Longhunter Guide on an EMR frame.
Mystery Ranch Daypack Lid
Kifaru Cargo Panel
Kifaru E&E
2 Medium pods
Molle Express will serve as day pack when necessary.

Past:
Badlands 2800-Used for 2 seasons and broke it twice.
Black's Creek Mossback Bounty Hunter-Wasn't tall enough for me but was capable of carrying plenty of weight. 135lbs was the heaviest I ever did.

Future:
Kifaru Duplex Timberline 3 bag

Footwear:
Cabela's Meindl Perfekt 400 gram insulation-For the cold hunts.
Cabela's Meindl Alaska Hunter uninsulated-For the not so cold hunts and summer backpacking trips.

Past:
Danner Pronghorn 1000 gram- Loved these boots, but love can't repair leather.

Future:
Hanwags, Kenetrek

Shelter:
Titanium Goat Vertex 5

Past:
Ledge Recluse-Shelter that served me well, especially in the summer.  Cold weather required an upgrade.

I have also used just about every other brand of relatively cheap tent out there.

Future:
Seek Outside Back Country Shelter(Ended up with a SO 6)






No comments:

Post a Comment