Monday, December 3, 2012

Coming Blogs

Hey all,
First I want to say thank you to all who have visited the blog and continue to do so. The viewership continues to grow which means a lot.

Footwear topics overall are the most searched for, so I plan on finishing out the reviews on the Meindl Perfekt and the Asolo Sasslong boots. Both of the boots have served me well, and I as sit here typing I am wearing the Sasslongs.

This was a tough year for mule deer hunting, with near success on better deer than last seasons.  I have started a blog on some of the lessons learned from this season.  My desire to pursue Mule Deer only got worse this year and plans are already in the works for next years hunts.This will be the next piece that I finish up.

I will soon be including a link to a website I frequent often as a forum member with an article that is in the editing phase.  This article will be on hunting antelope and covers several tactics, and some success and failure as a hunter.  Overall it was a really fun piece to write and has been a very good experience to learn and grow from.

I am also going to be working on a blog series on how to improve as a field photographer.  I have some work to do when it comes to improving my photography.  Documenting this is going to go a long way to help myself and others.  The first in the series is going to be on overtaking pictures, and by that I mean taking more than one picture of the same thing to have plenty to work with when writing and editing.

There is also going to be a comparison blog between the Seek Outside BCS and LBO.  This will be about what each shelter is good for, and why you would buy one over the other.  The shelters have some similar beginnings, and to some extent shapes but overall are very different shelters.

By late this spring there is also another fun project coming up that I hope will really peak the interest of many.  Currently I own a Kifaru Koala standard in black and a friend from Tennessee owns both models of the Hill People Gear's Kit Bag.  We are both going to do individual write ups of each of them and post it here.  Then I will be shipping my Koala to him to look at, use, and then write a review.  After he is done,  they will both be shipped to me for testing and comparison and of coarse a write up.

Finally, my biggest and likely most ambitious blog is going to be about why I hunt.  I don't have any problem admitting that I trophy hunt for Mule deer, but when it comes to elk I am much more of a meat hunter.  Don't get me wrong that I want to accomplish the task of taking a very large Elk.  However, several years ago I wanted to accomplish the task of eating nothing but wild game meat that I or a partner had harvested myself.  Having recently finished "Meat Eater" by Steven Rinella, that desire is back.  Starting in 2013, my goal is to consume as much wild game as possible rather than store-bought meats.  So, this will be where I document that.

Leave any and all comments of what you would like to find out in some of these topics!  Feedback would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment